Monday, March 14, 2016

You are the worst, Burr

I'm the worst blogger ever, I'm so sorry! Life has been wild. I made two gowns that transformed from sheath dresses to mermaid gowns for a production of Dreamgirls (while in the early stages of recovering from my breast reduction), ended a 2 year long relationship, and started costuming a production of Merry Wives of Windsor, which I'm also acting in.
Here's some Merry Wives progress! This costume is for Mistress Quickly, and I'm using a great vintage flannel from The Tin Thimble on etsy, and a (poly/silk blend??) taffeta my grandmother gave to me a while back. Our concept is post-WWII film noir.
Just pinned on Phoebe, minus sleeves
That back-bodice plaid matching tho
Also to make is a royal blue stretch velvet dress for Mistress Ford, a red silk dupioni dress for Mistress Page, an emerald green rayon challis dress for Anne Page, and slacks and a blouse for myself (Hostess of the Garter). I'm nervous about making my slacks because I've never made pants before. But the director wants my character to be a Lauren Bacall/Katharine Hepburn kind of woman, so fabulous pants are a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment