Friday, April 29, 2016

Pattern Review: Wearing History WWII Homefront- 1940s Overalls, Playsuit, Trousers

I'll preface this by saying that I didn't make the overalls or playsuit, just the trousers.

I enjoyed making up this pattern! I used it for my character's (Hostess of the Garter) trousers. I unfortunately don't have pictures other than mirror selfies, but I will edit in if I find any.

The Facts:

Pattern name: WWII Homefront- 1940s Overalls, Playsuit, Trousers

Size range: 30" 24" 33"-  46" 40" 49" in 3 different size groups

Size I made: Size 46 (46" 40" 49"), but I graded up a bit to accommodate my very generous hips

Difficulty: Pretty easy! Of course, I only made the trousers, but they were still pretty easy. They were my first pair of pants/trousers, and it was a good pattern to start out with, imo. I didn't use the instructions because I'm me, so I can't comment on them.

Fit: I graded up the hips (and maybe the waist, since I wanted the "waist" at my high hip)

Fabric requirments: 2 yards- 2-1/2 yards for the trousers

Make again?: Probably not, at least for a while. But I may make some tap pants using this pattern as a base

Recommend to a friend?: Most likely!

Overall rating: 4/5! All in all, this is a great pattern, though I do wish there was a larger size range.


(This review consists of my own unbiased opinions; I was not compensated by, nor am I affiliated with Wearing History)

2 comments:

  1. Do you want to activate your Roku? The first and the primary step involved in Roku activation is Roku Account Setup. You need a valid Roku.com/link account in order to setup your Roku. Visit Roku.com/link website to know how to create Roku accoun. Ring @ +1-844-839-1180 toll-free number and get the best Roku customer support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can watch almost many shows on YouTube, from movie, Thriller and educational content. activate YouTube com

    ReplyDelete