Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Purple Paisley Dress!

I actually finished this dress and got pictures a couple of weeks ago, but I never got around to writing up a blog post. But here it is! (Sorry for the headless pictures again, I can't seem to control both my face and body at the same time for a picture.)

(Sorry for the long line of pictures! I had them arranged nicely, but apparently they wanted to go all wonky,)
It's made from the same basic pattern as my floral border print dress, but I adapted it to have a cross-over neckline. 
This dress is made of 3 yards of 36" wide vintage cotton with a woven self stripe and a purple paisley print. I'm so in love with this fabric. Not only is it beautiful, but it was lovely to work with. I just barely got my dress out of the yardage, but I did it! The bodice is lined with white cotton twill, and the skirt is lined with cotton gauze. The dress closes with a hand-sewn zipper on the left side. I even put a patch pocket for my phone!
I'm very happy with this dress! It probably cost me less than $10, because the paisley was gifted to me. 
I've got a couple more dresses on the to-do list! They'll most likely end up being 1950s-esque fit and flare silhouettes, because that's my favourite style right now. And I've made a pattern for a wrap skirt to wear to ballet class, which I'm going to make up in purple chiffon. I've also been wanting to try my hand at making some tights/leggings, some cropped cardigans, and maybe a coat for winter. (I'm dreaming of a sunshine yellow or aqua full-skirted coat in wool, a cardigan in every colour, and comfy, non-itchy tights!)

xx, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment