Tuesday, November 3, 2015

HSM: Sewing Secrets

I've been taking a bit of a hiatus from HSM, not on purpose, but life happened. Part of my halloween costume somewhat went along with October's challenge, though! I hope to get back in the groove soon.

Excuse the awkward face and the weird bodice lacing
The secret!






















The Facts:

The Challenge: Sewing Secrets
Fabric: Poly (probably) damask, cotton duck for interlining, tan cotton for lining, checked cotton for secret armhole facing, poly satin for piping
Pattern: My own!
Year: Vaguely 16th/18th century
Notions: Heavy duty cable ties for boning, cotton yarn for piping, beading lace, poly satin ribbon
How historically accurate is it? Not very. The bodice is a very stylized version of stays
Hours to complete: lots and lots
First worn: Halloween!
Total cost: I think everything was in the stash, so none at this time, but I'd guess $15-$20

No comments:

Post a Comment